Use any custom view as custom callout view for MKMapView with cool animations
What is MapViewPlus?
MapViewPlus gives you the missing methods of MapKit which are: imageForAnnotation and calloutViewForAnnotationView delegate methods.
- Return any UIImage from imageForAnnotation (image shouldn’t have paddings)
- Create any UIView to use as your custom callout view and return it from calloutViewForAnnotationView
- MapViewPlus will:
- Add an anchor view to bottom of your callout view
- Combine callout view with the anchor view and add shadow to both of them
- Add a cool animation to CalloutAndAnchorView
- Make it user interaction enabled (this may be easy but tricky sometimes)
- Scrolls map view to show the callout view completely after tapping the annotation view
- Even give a ready-to-use template for callout view
- Forward all of the delegate methods of MKMapView to your subclass of MapViewPlus (except mapView:viewForAnnotation:)