A Swift command line tool for generating your Xcode project
What is XcodeGen?
XcodeGen is a command line tool written in Swift that generates your Xcode project using your folder structure and a project spec.
The project spec is a YAML or JSON file that defines your targets, configurations, schemes, custom build settings and many other options. All your source directories are automatically parsed and referenced appropriately while preserving your folder structure. Sensible defaults are used in many places, so you only need to customize what is needed. Very complex projects can also be defined using more advanced features.
- Generate projects on demand and remove your .xcodeproj from git, which means no more merge conflicts!
- Groups and files in Xcode are always synced to your directories on disk
- Easy configuration of projects which is human readable and git friendly
- Easily copy and paste files and directories without having to edit anything in Xcode
- Share build settings across multiple targets with build setting groups
- Automatically generate Schemes for different environments like test and production
- Easily create new projects with complicated setups on demand without messing around with Xcode
- Generate from anywhere including on CI
- Distribute your spec amongst multiple files for easy sharing and overriding
- Easily create multi-platform frameworks
- Integrate Carthage frameworks without any work